Friday 26 February 2010

Scrapbooking - all things grow with love.

This week I've been doing lots of cutting of lace doilies and the 'like'.  I have such a pile of these beautiful things, so I decided I needed to do a scrapbook layout and use some.  It feels like so long ago, that I made a layout; just really happy I did one now.  I used a pic of my brother with his beautiful daughter Amber!
This is an 8x8" layout and I've used some Basic Grey Origins paper pad.  I've matched this up with some Wild Wasabi cardstock and a smaller piece of black.
I've made a row of doily embellishments - three smaller ones in cream with button centres and a larger black doily with a button.  I've also added a hat pin to this doily - they are so cute - a little gift from Bec at Bizzy Becs.
The wording is from a Stampin'Up set Love Matters - I've stamped the word LOVE onto Kraft cardstock, then used the Labels 3 die from the Nestabilities to cut out and emboss.
And lastly, along the right-hand side, I've done some hand-stitching in yellow thread.
Some of the details haven't come up that well in the pictures; it's looks great in real life though, with lots of texture.

Product used:
Stamps: Love Matters
Cardstock: White, Basic Black, Kraft, Wild Wasabi, Basic Grey - Origins
Ink: Stazon Black
Others: Lace doilys, buttons, pearl, thread, hat pin, Eyelet border punch, Mat Pack

Some more items have been added to my Etsy store, coloured doily packs - these have all been coloured with permanent fabric dye and will really add some colour to your projects. 
Enjoy your weekend and thanks for looking here.

3 comments:

Chantal said...

Love the gorgeous flowers here! Wow! BTW - I'm a Chantal too (albeit different spelling! lol!)

Jen said...

A beautiful post Chantelle!

Anonymous said...

Love the page and the people in it! Nice green colours! Renae x

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...