Friday 5 February 2010

Inkspiration Sketch Challenge #18

Yay for Friday - I love this day of week when I know I don't have to get up early and organise the kids for school the next day. It's nice to have a few days of relaxation too. This week has gone by super fast and it's already been one week into Term 1.
Friday is Inkspiration Challenge day and this week Makeesha has a sketch:


Here's my card:
I don't make 'boy' cards very often, so I knew for this challenge, that I wanted to make something boyish!
So I've started off with a base card in Not Quite Navy - which measures 13cm x 13cm - and stamped some circles from the Good Friend stamp set by SU.  The I added a square of Tangerine Tango and pattern paper from Basic Grey.  I love the bright fun colours in this. Next up is a peice of White cardstock matted onto Not Quite Navy.  I've sponged Navy ink all over the white cardstock.
The main image is a stamp from The Greeting Farm - Skater Ian.  I coloured him with my Copic markers, cut the image out and then poped up with dimensionals onto the white cardstock background.
I've added two coloured buttons with twine for the embellishements and the sentiment is also from Good Friend.  I've used the SU markers to get the two colours onto the stamp!
Here's a closer look at the card:

I LOVE this square sketch and will def. use it again.  Would be perfect for a scrapbook layout too.  I love how you can focus your attention to the middle of the card and have blank space around it!  Lots of different ways you can use this one.  Thanks Keesh!!
Well, this is my inspiration for the sketch.  You can also check out what the Design Team have come up with for this week:
Sarah-Jane
Kirsty
Cindy
Renee
Dawn
Anthonette (guest designer)

If you would love to join in the fun, be sure to link your card back to the challenge post on Makeesha's website, so we can all view your fabulous creations.  Thanks for coming to visit.

Product used:
Stamps - The greeting farm - skater Ian, Good Friend (SU)
Cardstock: Not quite Navy, Tangerine Tango, White, June Bug (Basic Grey)
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Pumpkin Pie (marker pen)
Others: buttons, twine, Copic markers, dimensionals, cutter kit

8 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Super-cute, happy card! Just gorgeous :)

Danielle Daws said...

This is gorgeous, Chantelle! I love the colours choices. :-)

Kellie said...

This is just absolutely fantastic! You have made making boys cards look so easy! I love the colours and the added extra's.
Hugs Kel

Dawn Easton said...

Fantastic boy card!!! I don't make them often either but you did a fabulous job! It's such a fun and cheery card!!! GREAT image!

Cindy Major said...

I love your sk8ter boy - very cool! And your coloring is just wonderful!

Cindy

Karen said...

What a super fun card Chan! Love it! Your colouring is just gorgeous as well!

Karen
x

Anonymous said...

Your colour choice is just gorgeous and I love your creation Chantelle! It loks fabulous
Kirsty xx

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Love this cute boy card. What a great image!

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...