Tuesday 2 February 2010

Magnolia Down Under Challenges #31

The Magnolia Challenges are back to weekly - oh what fun.  This weeks challenge is a sketch.  Using the sketch provided, it had to include orange and be a 'girly' card.  Well, the 'girly' part was easy with a cute Magnolia Stamp!  Here's my creation:
This card base in White measures 13cm x 13cm square.  I've layered some Tangerine Tango and pattern paper from the Nook & Pantry range by Basic Grey.
I've cut a circle in Soft Sky using my CM cutter and used a clear stamp for the background.  Then I've added a strip of cream lace - I have to go back to my local fabric store as I'm using this so much lately - it's just gorgeous.
For the main image, I've stamped 'Tilda with bike' onto watercolour cardstock, then used my inks and aqua painter to colour in. I've cut it out and then poped onto the layout. 
I've added a ruffled flower - I'm loving these too - so much fun to make.  A red button has been put in the centre and I've inked the edges in Tangerine Tango ink.
Lastly I've added some pearls and a sentiment from a clear stamp.  Here's a closer look at the ruffled flower:
Pop over to the MDUC website to view all the details of how you can join in with this weeks challenge.  You won't want to miss out if you love Magnolia.  Thanks Kellie.

Product used:
Stamps: Magnolia, Basic Grey (clear stamps)
Cardstock: White, Tangerine Tango, Soft Sky, Nook & Pantry pattern paper (Basic Grey)
Ink: Soft Sky, Tangerine Tango
Others: Lace, aqua painter, inks, vintage book print, button, twine, half pearls,

8 comments:

Tracey Feeger said...

gorgeous Chantelle. I love the flower - great touch. Wonderful take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at MDUC.
mwah
Trace

Sue said...

Oh Wow, just gorgeous! That Tilda image is so cute and colored beautifully. I love the papers you have mixed together and the lace and flower make this card pop. Just a great take on the challenge. Thanks for joining the fun at MDUC this week. Hope to see you back again next week.

Debbie Pamment said...

Am LOVING this - great choice of DPs and that scrunchie flower is gorgeous!
Thanx for joining us at MDUC
xXx

Lee said...

Such a sweet card Chantelle. I adore those book text flowers you have been making, and this one is especially nice with the sponging :) With the lace panel, the effect is deliciously retro. Little Tilda is right at home there :)

Lee x

Fran said...

Beautiful card, love your colouring and the flower :) Thanks for playing along with us this week at Magnolia Down Under Challenges!

Sam said...

Another amazing card. The scrunched flower is gorgeous and I still love that lace.

:-)
Sam.

Kellie said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Chantelle! I am LOVING that flower, wow! I think I'll have to give that a go soon, it looks stunning. You have done a fabulous job with the challenges at hand.
Thanks so much for joining us at MDUC.
Hugs Kel

Lee-Anne said...

Hi Chantelle

Awesome card as always. You have been doing amazing work lately, and it's lovely to see such a variety of products. I love the card you did for Keesh's sketch challenge as well.

I did receive your lovely email and have been meaning to get back to you for ages...so sorry. I went to reply to you the other day, but realised I accidentally deleted a heap of emails. I just wanted you to know that I really appreciated the email and look forward to keeping in touch this year.

You take care Chantelle, enjoy your week.

Love
Lee-Anne
xox

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...