Friday 5 February 2010

Embellish - colour challenge with ribbon

I managed to slip in another card today.  My little one slept for three hours this afternoon and I had a wonderful time creating.
I joined in with the challenge from embellish magazine.  Here is their challenge for this week:

And here's my card:
This card only has the tiniest wee bit of stamping: the sentiment.  I guess I was so caught up in the ribbon theme, the stamping fell to the way-side.
I've used the Stampin'Up colours Choc Chip, Tempting Turquoise and Pretty in Pink, along with White. 
For the heart images, I've used the SU heart punch and randomly punched out three hearts.  Using three different ribbons, I've adhered onto the back of the white cardstock, so the ribbon comes thru to the front of the heart.  The pink ribbon has been ruffled up a little to give some texture.
I've also tied a bow in grosgrain Pretty in Pink.
On the strip of pink along the bottom of card, I've used a Martha Stewart punch - polka-dots.
I've added some buttons and rhinestones for embellishments.
Here's a closer look:
This was a fun challenge - you can check out some fabulous inspiration from the embellish design team.

Product used:
Stamps: clear stamp
Cardstock: Choc Chip, Pretty in Pink, Temp Turquoise, White
Ink: Temp Turquoise
Others: Heart punch SU, ribbon, buttons, oval punch SU, Martha Stewart punch

7 comments:

The Paper Princess said...

Hi Chantelle,

This is a very pretty card! I love the colors you used and your creativity with the heart and the ribbons! I might have to try this sometimes!

Hugs
Ramona :-)
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com
#87 One World One Heart Giveaway

Liam said...

Chantelle,

How cute is this card. Love the ribbon inside the hearts. thanks for sharing.

liam

Mariana Grigsby said...

So pretty! Thank you for participating in the Embellish Color Challenge with Ribbon!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Cute heart die cuts! Thanks for taking on an Embellish challenge.

Charlene Austin said...

Oh My! I am totally in love with your ribbon treatments! Wow.

Traveling Mama said...

wow! What great texture! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

Maile Belles said...

Love your use of the ribbon! So glad you could join us in the Embellish Challenge.

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...