Wednesday 24 February 2010

Magnolia Down Under Challenge #34

If you love a fun challenge with Magnolia Stamps, then you need to head over to Magnolia Challenges Down Under.  Each week they have exciting challenges.  This week the challenge is to create an Easel Card.  If you've never made one of these, well now is the time - they are so much fun and I will def. be making more of these very soon.  And they are super simple too......
Anyway, here is my Easel Card:
I've used Tilda writing in Diary, one of the new stamps from the Raising the Ceiling Collection.
Alot of my cards have been pink/green in colour lately - that's because I'm really loving the Basic Grey pattern paper Lemonade.  There are so many pretty patterns in this one!
I've included lots of pictures with this post, just to show you how the card sits when open and all the pretty embellishments that I've used. 
Notice the doilies - cream and pink - and the yoyo flowers - these are items that you will find in my new Etsy shop - take a peek!  I will continue to add more yummy goodies.



These small flowers have been made with a punch called Punch a Bunch - it's the sweetest little punch which I got from Bizzy Becs (a clearance line)  There are three small flowers to punch out, each slightly different size.  I've layered them onto my mat pack, then pierced the centre and then adding the silver brad.  By squishing each layer, you get a tiny 3D flower.
This is a view of the card when it's sitting up in position and you can see the easel effect.
And here is the card laying flat.  My card measures 14cm x 14cm.  For details on how to make these Easel Cards, you can visit Jodi, one of the Design Team members from the MDUC - she has some easy instructions to follow.

Thanks for the fabulous challenge Kellie.

Product used:
Stamps: Magnolia stamps, Best Yet (SU)
Cardstock: White, Rose Red, pattern paper - Basic Grey (Lemonade)
Ink: Rose Red
Others: Lace Doily punch, lace doily - cream & pink, yoyo flowers, tiny handmade flowers - Punch a Bunch, pink flowers (Bizzy Becs), brads, ribbon, aqua painter & SU inks for colouring.

9 comments:

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This is such a gorgeous beautiful card Chantelle.
Thanks so much for for joining us this week at MDUC.
Kristy x

Debbie Pamment said...

Love all the little details you've used to make this fabulous easel card! I came soooo close to buying this Tilda - and now I wish I had after seeing this!
Thanx for joining us at MDUC this week.
xXx

Kellie said...

WOW Chantelle this is amazing! I am in love with the papers too. I am scared to use them to much so that I can make them last, hehe! I love your had made embellishments and can NOT wait for mine to arrive they look absolutely gorgeous on your easel card!
Thanks so much for joining us at MDUC.
Hugs Kel xx

Chelsea said...

So pretty, love the colors on your easel card. I love making these Easel cards too, really fun. Thanks for joining us at MDUC. ~Chelsea

Pretty-In-Ink said...

So pretty! love the gorgeous flower embellies too!

Shell said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such lovely comments.
If you are interested in following my other blog
http://lilredrocketbuttons.blogspot.com/
You automatically go in the montly draw to win some of my buttons.
I have just had a look at your Etsy shop and your products are gorgeous.
Always nice to meet another Aussie Etsy seller.
Cheers xx

Tracey Feeger said...

Chantelle this is such a pretty card. Love the pastel colours and the image looks perfect. Wonderful job with the challenge. Great easel card. Thanks for joining us at MDUC.
mwah
Trace

Fran said...

Gorgeous card, very cute and girly :)Thanks for playing along with us this week at Magnolia Down Under Challenges!

stephanne said...

This is sooo pretty!! I am loving those crisp fun colours and that sweet Tilda looks great in your gorgeous colour work!! Thanks for sharing with us at MDUC!!
Stephanne

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...