Wednesday 17 February 2010

The Pink Elephant Challenge #54

The Pink Elephant Challege is Ribbon and I LOVE to use ribbon.  So this was the perfect challenge to join in with.  Here's my card:
Isn't she just so cute holding the balloon.
This is a standard size card and I've layered with some pattern paper from Basic Grey - Lemonade.  I've added one of the pretty paper lace doilies - seem to be using these in every card lately.
Party Emma has been stamped onto SU watercolour paper and then I've coloured with inks and aqua painter.  I've paper-pieced the balloon with the same pattern paper.
The sentiment is from the Upsy Daisy set by SU, with Kiwi Kiss ink.  I've used the Labels 3 Nestabilities to cut out and embosss.  A pink button has been added and I've placed a half pearl in the centre of the button.
For the ribbon, I've used some wide grosgrain in Bravo Burgandy and tied a bow, adding a yellow button with twine to the centre.
Here's a closer look at the card:
Well, that was super fun and I'm really looking forward to using the other stamps in this set sometime soon.

Product used:
Stamps: Sugar Plums Party stamps, Upsy Daisy (SU)
Cardstock: White, Kiwi Kiss, Basic Grey - Lemonade
Ink: Kiwi Kiss
Others: Eyelet border punch, paper lace doily, ribbon, buttons, twine, half pearl, aqua painter, SU inks, Labels 3 - Nestabilities

7 comments:

Betty Boo! said...

Gorgeous card. Love the color scheme! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at TPE!


Betty

alyssa b said...

Gorgeous card chantelle ... really love the colours ... love your work :)

Ryan and Erica Swarts said...

I'm just loving all your latest cards - soooo cute....

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

WOW! Chantelle this is soooo adorable!!
Thanks for joining us at TPE.
Kristy xx

Vicki's Blog said...

This is a gorgeous card...Good luck in the challenge:)
Vicki

Jen said...

Gorgeous Card Chantelle:)

Jenn K said...

Love this!! Thanks for joining in the fun at TPE!!

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...