Friday 19 February 2010

Inkspiration Inspiration Challenge #18

Wow, these Fridays seem to be coming around so very fast.  It's another Inkspiration Challenge and this week, Makeesha has a very girly picture from which you can be inspired to create:
Here's my card for this week:
I was inspired by the colours and the girly feel to this picture so I made my card with that in mind.  I used Rose Red and Tempting Turquoise along with some pattern paper from Basic Grey.
The stamped image is from the Sugar Plums Party Stamp Set.  I've stamped onto watercolour cardstock and coloured in with inks and aqua painter.
I've also used the Labels 3 Nestabilities as the background for the image. 
I really wanted to include butterflies in this card, as you can see them in the picture too, so I stamped some small butterfly images on the Rose Red cardstock as a background. 
The finishing touches are the bow in some beautiful satin ribbon.  I've attached a brad to the centre over the knot.  I've also added two smaller brads to the end of the ribbon.
The sentiment is from Family Phrases and I've used the Window punch to cut out.
Here's a closer look:

You can check out the Design Team for more inspiration - their creations are sure to be fabulous.  If you want to join in the challenge fun, be sure to link your creation to Makeesha's website so we can all see what you've made.  Makeesha will also have something wonderful to show you. Have fun with this one!!
Here are the links for the Design Team:
Sarah-Jane
Kirsty
Dawn
Cindy
Renee

Product used:
Stamps: Sugar Plums (CC Designs), Family Phrases (SU), For Everything (SU)
Cardstock: White, Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Grey - Lemonade
Ink: Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise
Others: Labels 3 Nestabilities, ribbon, brads (Basic Grey), aqua painter, window punch (SU)

7 comments:

KimB said...

Hi Chantelle,

this is just perfect for the challenge. I really like how the image is up set from its label three background and that bow is just gorgeous!

Kim

Jen said...

I just checked out your latest posts and cards, absolutely fantastic and adorable, you have been blessed with soooooo much talent:) xx hugs

Dawn Easton said...

Eek! Chantelle this is adorable! I love those girl images! They are so fun to colour and your colouring is amazing! LOVE that ribbon...fantastic!

Cindy Major said...

I love, love the coloring on your little girl, and I think you've really captured the bedspread in your design. Really cute result!

Cindy :)

Renée said...

This is adorable! Love your layout!!

Genelle Little said...

Beautiful, Chantelle! Cute image and lovely colouring - these stamp sets go together perfectly.

Lee said...

Such a pretty girlie card. I especially like the big satin bow, and your watercolouring is so soft and beautiful.

Lee x

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...