Wednesday 10 February 2010

Just add Ink Challenge #3

My sister recently had a beautiful baby boy, so I was in need of a sweet boy card!  I used the sketch from the Just add Ink Challenge #3:
Here's my card:
As you can see, I've used one of my new paper lace doilys that I showed yesterday - they are so pretty and delicate!
This is a square card which measures 13cm x 13cm in Bordering Blue cardstock.  Some stars have been stamped to make a BG.  I've layered a strip of pattern paper from Basic Grey - you can just see the little elephants along the bottom!  Then I've added a strip of Sky Blue on which I've used the Eyelet border punch.  On this is some of the striped ribbon in Pacific Point.
The elephant image is from Nursery Necessities - I've stamped him up in Pacific Point ink and then cut out, mounting onto the doily with dimensionals.  I've added a blue button with a bow in twine. 
The sentiment is from the same set and I've used the Window punch to cut this out.
And lastly I've tied a piece of twine at the end of the striped ribbon.  Here's a closer look:
I hope you like it - you can check out heaps more amazing creations at Just add Ink.  Thanks for a great sketch girls.

Product used:
Stamp: Nursery Necessities
Cardstock: Bordering Blue, Soft Sky, White, Pattern paper Basic Grey - Marrakech
Ink: Pacific Point, Soft Sky, Bordering Blue
Others: Lace Doily, button, twine, ribbon, Window punch, Eyelet border punch, dimensionals.

6 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is just so darn cute. Love the doily and the mix of blues!

sunbear said...

i too love the doily. and the blue is gorgeous. not wishy washy like baby cards sometimes are. great card!

Unknown said...

Oh love the doily and would never have thought to use it on a boys card but it goes so well, great idea TFS

Danielle Daws said...

So sweet! I had a peek at your new treasures yesterday, they're gorgeous! The doily is a perfect fit. Thanks for playing!

Christine Blain said...

Very cute card (and congratulations on your new nephew!). You've inspired me to dust off the paper doilies I've been hoarding for far too long!

AJ said...

Lions and tigers and bears, OH MY! This is beautiful and so so cute.

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...