Tuesday 2 October 2012

cheeky monkey

Well it's October - don't the months just fly by so quickly.  Hope you all kept well the past month and are ready to take on a new one.  Challenge wise - I have the sketch from
  The Scrapbook Store to share with you. Here is the fabulous sketch:

... and here is my page ...
Another page of my little man - he is such a sweetie and such a little poser for me ☺  I've done something a little different here by using a cork coaster as a little frame for the photo - then I've placed this over the large print of the same photo.  I've used an array of different flowers, chipboard, some Prima paper and crochet doilies.  Here are some close-up's of the details:

 ... the cork frame which I found at an op-shop ☺ ...
 ... Prima flowers, hand-made crochet flower, Kaisercraft mini paper blooms and felt rolled flowers made using MFT rolled rose die ...
 ... a Kaisercraft wooden flourish - Plaque to which I've added the title ...

I hope I've inspired you to play along with this sketch - we would love to see your layouts in the gallery - a $40.00 voucher from the store will be for the winner which is a random draw.
Thanks for coming by and happy creating ☺

8 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Hi.. oh wow.. I love your take on the sketch.. that cork frame really adds dimension and interest to your layout.. love all the layers too...

Marelize said...

I totally adore this layout Chantelle! Beautiful layers and that cork circle frame is just so clever. :)
Hope you are having a lovely time away. xx

Irini said...

Gorgeous layout and the little details make all the difference~!
thanks for sharing
hugz
irini

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Wowsers Chantelle, looking awesome!

Sandie said...

The cork photo embellishment is amazing and very creative..love it! Your layout is just gorgeous, so many wonderful elements to 'see'...

Adriana B said...

love that cork frame, looks wonderful, might have to do the sketch this month :)

Mitralee said...

Oh my goodness this is amazing!!!!!

Jen said...

Wow I say, absolutely adorable:)

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...