Friday 8 November 2013

November Sketch Challenge - The Scrapbook Store

 Hey everyone, today I'd like to share with you my DT inspiration for the November sketch at The Scrapbook Store.  We have another fabulous sketch to work with - I love the mixed media feel about this one ☺

 Here is my take on the sketch:

 I decided to use the 'splatter' element of the sketch and got out my mists and inks.  Here I've used some Heidi Swapp mists.  Instead of spraying them directly on to my page, I've used some clear acetate. I've sprayed a light colour and then added in a darker colour over the top, then pressed the white paper down onto the acetate.  I did add a small amount of water to give a water colour look.  Later when it was dry, I flicked more of the mist over the page for some darker high lights and also to let some of the ink run down the page.  It was a fun way to add mist ☺
I've used the Family Stories paper collection by Teresa Collins - perfect for this photo ♥♥
Here are some close-up's:
 I love adding my own touch of embellishments - here I've used a scallop punch to create this flower.  I've also free-cut some leaves to add in as well.  I love the dimension it adds to the page ☺
I've also used a woodgrain stamp on white cardstock to create my own pattern paper ☺
 The die-cut elements in this collection are wonderful and fun to work with.
A closer look at some of the misting - I've also added more details like the sequins and script stamp.

Product used:
Family Stories stamp - Teresa Collins
script stamp
cotton thread
espresso ink
metal clamp
sequins
scallop punch
resin blossom
woodgrain stamp

We would love to see you play along this month - as always there is a $40.00 voucher for the randomly picked winner - what a fantastic prize ☺  Please check the gallery for more inspiration.   Thanks so much for coming by ♥

5 comments:

just another day said...

Gorgeous Chantelle!! love the idea with the acetate..xo

Cathy said...

Beautiful page Chantelle, adore your dreamy background!!

Adriana B said...

lovely page, great background work :)

Chantalle said...

What a stunning job you've done with that cool sketch x

Jasmine S said...

Love the page and the little flower and leaves look great. And love that you used a pic of you and DH, something we don't scrap too often. You look very happy and relaxed.

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...