Monday 18 November 2013

Life Paper Scrapbook - November Colour Challenge

 Hello ☺  Happy Monday to you all.  Just wanted to quickly share my inspiration for the colour challenge at Life Paper Scrapbook.  This will be my last share for this lovely challenge blog - I've decided to step down from this one to allow a little more time for other things, including my family.  I'm hoping I can still play along from the 'other side' from time to time - I do love their challenges ☺
Anyway, here is the lovely colour palette:
 
 .... and here is my take on the challenge .......
  I've let some of the colours dominate and added pops of the other colours.  I love how it's turned out. I've used papers by American Crafts, Teresa Collins and Pink Paislee.  Here are some close-up's:
 Here is a cluster of embellishments - banner die-cuts, chipboard feather, flair badge,  crochet heart, some paper hearts and twine.
I've done a bit of texture paste in the background with a stencil.  Once dry, I've coloured over with water colour crayon, then added water to create the water colour look.  I've then gone over with my script stamp.
I have also added in my typewriter journal work.

I hope you like it and feel inspired to create using these colours.  Please check the blog for details and also more inspiration ☺

Our sponsor for this challenge is Big Picture Classes!
Picture Everyday
Another 31 Days of Festive Photography with Tracey Clark
Spend this December taking inspired, artful photographs of the world around you, during the most wonderful time of the year. Picture the Holidays has been reframed and refreshed for 2013, with new prompts and new pictures to help you creatively and mindfully celebrate this season of joy!
This 31-day workshop, from photographer and author Tracey Clark, is the perfect remedy for the holiday hustle. And it's a great companion workshop to keep you inspired throughout any holiday scrapbooking challenge, such as Ali Edwards' December Daily project or the Big Picture Classes workshop, Twelve Days of Christmas: December Duos.

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit !!

6 comments:

Leanne said...

I completely adore this LO. I love your distressing and colour choices.. As for LPS, you will be missed greatly, but family is important and should be no.1..x Big hugs to you and all the best for your future scrapping adventures..x

Lizzyc said...

Lovely layout, it has such a feeling of friendship.. love the cute embellies you have placed on it too...

Sue Ko said...

I love how you have approached the colour challenge Chantelle. Until I saw your layout, I wasn't sure about the colours but you have made them shine xx

Lizzy Hill said...

Really fun....especially love that texture work...I have that stencil, it's REALLY useful! Shame you're stepping down, but I reckon you keep pretty busy anyways - will miss your 'takes' on the challenges, though:):)

Unknown said...

Love your take on the colour scheme this month- we're sure gonna miss you at LPS x

Chantalle said...

Beautiful layout (as always Chantelle) I so love your bitty crochet hearts

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...