Thursday 10 June 2010

Mad for Markers Challenge

Sammi from Mad for Markers has another challenge running on her blog - Colour with Copics on something other than paper!
I had to have a little think about this challenge - I tried a few different mediums, then settled with this little project - Colouring on Calico.
I've done up a step-by-step photo tutorial on how I coloured, then created a fabric rose. 

And this is how I've used my fabric rose:
I've used some pattern paper by Stampin'Up and October Afternoon, then placed a paper doily as a background.
Then I've added my embellishments:
* fabric calico rose; I've added a half pearl to the centre.
* patchwork doily flower from my Etsy shop
* pink daisy flower - these were white - I've coloured them with Copic markers, adding a doily to centre and a yellow corduroy brad.
* butterfly with rhinestones
* Labels 3 Nestabilities with sentiment from Amy Rysavy stamp - All That Scraps.
Here's a closer look at the details:

Thanks for another fun challenge Sammi - really makes you think outside the square a little.  As you know I love my embellishments, especially creating them - so this was a nice change from colouring stamped images.
Thanks for poping past.

11 comments:

Kylie said...

Wow Chantelle! Pure genius!! Thanks for sharing and thanks for playing with M4M challenge this fortnight!
Hugs
Kylie

Sammi said...

AWESOME Job Chantelle! I love this flower and great tutorial! Thanks.. might have to give it a go! :D
Love your card! Thanks for joining us at our Mad for Markers challenge again!
Sammi
xxx

Emma said...

WOW Chantelle, this is amazing....I love it and what a fantastic tutorial you have done. I am definitely going to have to give this a go! Thanks so much for joining us over at Mad For Markers!

Louise F NZ said...

This is fantastic.... love the tutorial and cute flower. Thanks for joining us at Mad 4 Markers.

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW Chantelle - this is AWESOME!!! I've seen these before but never with lovely clear instructions. TFS
xXx

Cindy Banks said...

Chantelle, Your work is so lovely!

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

wow wow wow this is gorgeous and just so clever. Thanks for joining us at Mad 4 markers.
hugs
Sue

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Oh, I likey this! TFS!!

:) Marcia

Jackie Thomas said...

OMG Chantelle. This is fantastic. What a clever idea. Will definitely give this one a go. thank you for playing along in the M4M challenge. hugs Jackie

Annette Bowes said...

Beautiful Chantelle, wonderful tutorial, looking forward to trying this! Gorgeous card, thanks for sharing and thank you for joining us again in our Mad for Markers challenge, take careX:)

MiamiKel said...

This is the most amazing card! I absolutely love your handmade flowers - beautiful!!!! I' a follower so I can remember your post today! :) I'm totally inspired to give this a try! TFS!

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...