Wednesday 21 October 2009

To be inspired...............

I created this card after I saw a BEAUTIFUL card made by the lovely Lee-Anne. Her work is always gorgeous and I'm always inspired by her creations.  I LOVED this one so much, that I just had to CASE it, immediately.  I remembered the Top-Note die-cuts I had sitting on my desk, given to me by my friend Marion, so I thought one of these would work perfectly.
So here is the card I made after being inspired...............

I've used the colours Bordering Blue, Kiwi Kiss, Very Vanilla and some Urban Garden Designer paper.  You can see the Top-Note die-cut peaking out on the left-hand side of the card - oh how I wish Stampin'Up would sell them here in Australia!
The flower image is from a hostess stamp set of last years catalogue - Oh So Lovely. These are such elegant images and fun to colour-in.  I've used the Best Yet (hostess set) for the sentiment . 
The eyelet border punch has been used along the bottom and I think it really suits the style of this card - that being 'elegantly vintage'.
I had some lace ribbon in my stash so I've used this with a Kiwi Kiss button to finish off the card.

I'm so pleased with this card.  It's not often that I CASE a card - most of the time, they don't quite work out how I planned. So thank you Lee-Anne for your inspiration.

Product used:
Stamps: Oh So Lovely, Best Yet
Cardstock: Bordering Blue, Kiwi Kiss, Very Vanilla, DP Urban Garden
Ink: Stazon Black, Bordering Blue, Kiwi Kiss
Others: Top-Note die-cut, lace, button, circle punches, eyelet border punch, sponging

2 comments:

Lee-Anne said...

Hi Chantelle

Your card is just gorgeous. I love the colours you have used, especially that beautiful paper. I am so glad I could inspire you with the layout. I'm sure I probably saw something similar in my blog hopping and it just stayed locked in my head until I needed it :) This is just beautiful, the lace and button finish it off so nicely.

Seeya
Lee-Anne
xox

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Oooooh ... I have the BEAUTIFUL card made by the lovely Lee-Anne sitting on my desk! It arrived in the mail yesterday ... how lucky am I!!!??? I also love this colour combo ... and must write that one down to try asap! TFS

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...