Wednesday 21 October 2009

Mojo Monday Sketch #109

Here's a card I made for the Mojo Monday Sketch #109.  Below is the sketch we had to work with and you can check out all the details at the Mojo Monday Sketch Blog

And here's my creation:


I've picked out another colour combo that I wouldn't normally use, but it worked well.
I've started off with a base card in Tempting Turquoise, then added pieces of Riding Hood Red and Regal Rose as per the sketch.  Along the bottom of the Red cardstock, I've stamped the flourish image in Versamark.
For the main image, I've used the stamp set Friends 24-7 and I've gone with the bird image.  First I've stamped in onto some Whisper White cardstock in Sahara Sand ink.  Then on another piece of white cardstock, I've inked up the bird with Turquiose and Red.  I did this with a baby-wipe, allowing the ink to soak into the baby-wipe, then dabbing it onto the stamp.  Once stamped onto the white cardstock, it gives a nice watercolour effect.  The bird image has been cut out and mounted onto the card layout. I've matted this onto some Turquoise cardstock and a small piece of Designer Series Patterned Paper in the Riding Hood Red.  Here is a closer look at the bird:

To finish off the card as per the sketch, I've stamped up a part of the sentiment and used the circle punches and scallop punch to create the centre embellisment.  I've also added a small button with some twine.  Lastly, I've used some wide Regal Rose ribbon .

Well, this was a fun sketch and I would love to use it again, maybe for some scrapbooking.

Product used:
Stamps: Friends 24-7
Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, Riding Hood Red, Regal Rose, Whisper White, DP Riding Hood Red
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Sahara Sand, Tempting Turquoise
Others: Cutter kit for distressing, circle punches, scallop punch, grograin ribbon, twine, button dimensionals, sponging.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

This is absolutely STUNNING Chantelle! WOW, blown me away :) xx

Unknown said...

Chantelle - I adore the color combo and what you did with this week's MOJO! This is one of the sets I don't have and now I'm so wishing for it! Thanks for sharing!

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...