Friday 23 October 2009

Inkspiration Inspiration Challenge #14

Another Friday is here - hope you've all had a lovely week.  I have been busy packing, we leave today for a holiday with our boys.  So hopefully this scheduled post is coming to you!
It's time for another fabulous Inspiration Challenge and Makeesha has picked out this gorgeous bedding to help you get inspired.  It looks so beachy and summery, don't you think!


Here's my creation:

I've used the quilt cover has my inspiration and I'm sure that somewhere in the house, there will be a row beach thongs!
So I've started with a base card in Whisper White, then layered various cardstocks in Bashful Blue, Taken with Teal, Certain Celery and Basic Grey, to imitate the quilt cover pattern.  I've used the Sprinkles stamp set on the Teal and Blue strips.
For the main image, I've used Just Beachy, and picked out the beach thongs.  I've inked up in Stazon Black, stamped onto some watercolour paper and then used the Aqua painter and ink pads to colour them in.  I've added a small rhinestone to the pair in the middle.
Then I've added some wide Celery ribbon, tied in a knot.  The sentiment has been stamped in Teal and I've used the Window punch and a small rhinestone to complete it.

If you would love to join in with the challenge, pop over to Makeesha's website to get all the details and also see her fabulous creation. 
And then you can take a tour with some more fabulous creations from her Design Team:
Sarah-Jane
Kirsty
Amy
Cindy
Renee

Have fun with this one.

Product used:
Stamps: Just Beachy, Sprinkles
Cardstock: Whisper White, Taken with Teal, Certain Celery, Bashful Blue, Basic Grey, watercolour cardstock
Ink: Bashful Blue, Taken with Teal, Stazon Black
Others: Grograin ribbon, rhinestone, Window punch

10 comments:

Chook said...

What a great card Chantelle. I think your have nailed this challenge.

Cindy Major said...

I had to remind myself that for you guys, sandals make sense right now! hahaha! We've just had our very first snow yesterday and today everything is icy and slippery, so the winter boots just came out!

Love the stripes you created for your background :)

Cindy

Renée said...

Wow, this is the perfect card for this inspiration! Love the little bling on the sandal!!

Stacey Schafer said...

This is a darling card, Chantelle! Love those flip-flops:) Have a great time on your holiday!

Byl Family... said...

OH this is absolutely PERFECT for the challenge Chan!!! I love everything about it, and I hope you do enjoy wearing your thongs ( that is sandles in Australia, not the other variety...LOL!) in Bali! Thanks so much for the inspiration this week! Love Keesh x

Fiona Harrison said...

That card is a perfect use of the inspiration pic, just love it!!

AMY FLEMING said...

This card is soooo perfect for this challenge!! I don't have that stamp set and you are changing my mind about it!!!
Beautiful!
Aimsxxx

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Gorgeous! Love it!
Kristy xo

Christina Marie said...

Love love LOVE those colours!!!And once again a beautiful job... :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Chantelle
This card is gorgeous, I just love it. Great job!
Love Ngaire

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...