Monday 19 October 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch #40

Karen from The Sweetest Thing has weekly sketches; I've always loved looking at them and keep meaning to have a go, but it doesn't seem to happen.  So I changed that and made a creation for her latest sketch.
Here is the sketch to work with:

And here's my creation:

I was looking to use a colour I hadn't used for a while and I chose Tangerine Tango.  This bright colour matched up nicely with Baja Breeeze and Kraft.
So I've started with a base card in craft, then added a piece of the Designer Series paper in Tangerine Tango.  I've used the eyelet border punch to add a strip along one side of the Tangerine.
Then with assorted DP and cardstock, I've punches out NINE circles to follow the sketch.  The Baja Breeze has been stamped with the flower from Seeing Spots. I've added a few embellishments such as the button in Baja, a small rhinestone and a flower brad.
Lastly, I've added a sentiment from Best Yet and a row of paper piercing.
So there you have it, my first creation with the SSS - thanks Karen.  I also have to say thanks to Sarah-Jane who inspires me greatly - her creations for these sketches are always fabulous.  And I love that sweet and simply style which these sketches lend themselves to. 

Product used:
Stamps: Best Yet, Seeing Spots
Cardstock: Kraft, Tangerine Tango, Baja Breeze, Designer Series paper
Ink: Baja Breeze, Tangerine Tango
Others: Baja Breeze Button, Rhinestone, eyelet border punch, paper piercer, twine, flower brad, circle punch

8 comments:

Karen Giron said...

OMGoodness, this card is absolutely fabulous - love the color combo and the flower brad accent in the corner. Love it!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

YAY!!!!!!! Chantelle your card is AMAZING!!! The colours and the combo that you've used them is amazing. GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS.
xx Sarah

Jen said...

Hi Chantelle, its been weeks since i have been lurking around the blogging creations of my favourites, well it seems like months.
Am slowly making time to sit through them all again and pleasantly surprised of course with your beautiful inkspiration as well as Keesh....along with others as well.
Thanks for sharing and keep me inspired:)
Was lovely to catchup with you at camp and they had an awesome week:)
Hope to blog some pictures soon:) x

Lee-Anne said...

What a gorgeous card Chantelle. You have used the colours so well and created a stunning card. That doesn't look like the easiest sketch, but you have come up with something amazing. I love it :)

Hope you have a wonderful week.

Lee-Anne
xox

Vicki Burdick said...

Amazing!!! Love the colors you used! That flower brad is awesome!

Bruce and Sarah said...

Wow, those colours are stunning together! Great card.

Ryan and Erica Swarts said...

Gorgeous - love this card - love the colours xx

Michelle Scott said...

A great card Chantelle! I love the different embellishments with the button, flower brad and rhinestone! It's so cute!

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...