Friday 16 January 2009

Kristina's Colour Challenge

It's been a little while since I've made a card for Kristina's colour challenge. So I had a peak at the colour inspiration this week and thought, I have to give this one a go.

Here is my card. I've started off with a Pumpkin Pie base onto which I've stamped a flower image in the same colour ink, then layered with spotted DP from Ginger Blossom and then a layer of Ruby Red. Along one side, I've added a strip of white with scallop edge and paper piercing. I've used Eastern Bloom stamp set which is just gorgeous. The image has been stamped in Whisper White. Then I've stamped the large flower onto some white cardstock in the two colour inks, cut out the flower and positioned over the cardstock. I've put some dazzling diamond glitter into the centre of each flower. And my card is finished off with some striped orange ribbon and a rub-on sentiment.
Thanks Kristina, for these fun colours.


While I had the stamps out and cardstock laying all over my desk, I quickly made another card. Do you recognise the layout? It's the one in the mini catalogue!!
The base card in Pumpkin Pie has been folded in half for a standard size landscape card, then I've scored 2cm in from right hand side and folded that piece back, to reveal some of the inside. Then I've added a 2cm strip of DP to the inside so you can see it from the front. Make sense! It was a bit hard to pick up in the photo, with all that lovely orange.
I've done much the same as with the previous card. The DP is Bali Breeze, with gorgeous colours Pomegrante and Turquoise. The hello sentiment is a rub-on.
Another creation for my sample box. I love it when they come together this easy, especially when the layout was inspired by the catalogue.
All images © Stampin'Up 1990-2009

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So pretty. Great job. TFS.

Maggie Lamarre said...

luv the vibrant colours :)
Thanks for stopping at
http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
Maggie

Anonymous said...

i just love those flowers...

Liam said...

Love both cards. They are so fresh and fun. Thank you for sharing.

Liam

amymom24 said...

Beautiful, Chantelle! I especially love the second one. That turquoise adds so much!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

These are lovely! I really need to dig out my rub-ons and give them a try! Thanks for the inspiration! :D

Amber said...

Those are really beautiful cards.

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...