Tuesday 1 September 2015

scrap the boys - september challenge

 Hello and welcome to September and also ...... Spring, on this side of the world!
I'm sharing my take on the Scrap the Boys challenge - for this month we have a sketch to work with; and it's super fun!!                                                                                          



 Here's my page!
I've turned the sketch to one side, so I could use a landscape photo.
 I've used this fun pic of all my lads, which I just love. 
I'm using the Kaisercraft collection - Chase Rainbows. 
The little 6x6 pads are always nice to work with - fun size - and they come with assorted tags pre-cut.
Here are some close-up's:
 
 
 I was going thru my stash and found this chipboard tree which I thought matched in nicely with the photo and papers.  So I have added some colour and a few buttons and embellishments.
The title 'outdoors' is also a chipboard piece - I've used a white pen to colour and inked the edges with espresso ink!
I love using mini pegs to give it a 'banner feel'.
This collection comes with a nice stamp set with some lovely sentiments, so I've used these on the page too - 'be happy, be bright' and 'shine bright'.

Pop over the blog to see more inspiration and also check out the two fabulous prizes up for grabs.  Hope you can play along ☺

2 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

This looks great ... I love that you've used the touches of red with green - it looks really cool! And turning the sketch - inspirational!!!

Lizzyc said...

That is a great sketch! And your layout looks wonderful turned to suit your photo!

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...