Thursday, 30 May 2013

happiness

 Hello - just sharing a page that I created over the weekend at the Scrap Camp - it's a 'just because' page and it was great to create with 'no rules' attached.   I love how it's turned out.  And for a change ...... I've not gone with my usual banner style ☺

My youngest always gives me the brightest of smiles and they make the best photo's - I just love his face looking up at me here ☺
With the white background and subtle colours in the papers, the photo really pops off the page.  Once again, I've used chevrons - I love them!!!!
Here are some close-up's:

 I've applied texture paste to the background with a chevron mask.  The chevron shapes are created using a photo corner punch.  I've then stitched some buttons to add some interest.
 Some more chevrons and a chipboard word ' love' .
The papers are all assorted collections from my stash.  I've tied some twine around the photo and clustered a button and flowers.

Thanks for coming by to visit ☺

11 comments:

Denise Price said...

This is a different look for you, but you still rocked it. I love the calm colors and the focus on the photo.

Lizzyc said...

This looks really lovely.. I love the angle of the photo, and all the chevrons are fabulous!! love the buttons too!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Awwww...missing your banner:(:(:( BUT loving the chevrons..they make up for it - I like how you've placed them here & the buttons look fab:):):) Nice to scrap for scrap's sake, isn't it!!!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Awesome work!!!

Linda Eggleton said...

Fabulous layout, Chantelle...I love how you use white texture on a white background. It always looks amazing (I must try it sometime).

Chantalle said...

Love this - the colours are divine!

Marelize said...

Fantastic page Chantelle! I love the chevrons and that smile just melts my heart. xx

Marcia said...

Yeah, that smile is gonna make girls swoon when he gets older! Gorgeous colours on this Chantelle and I might have to rename you the chevron queen!

Marcia said...

Yeah, that smile is gonna make girls swoon when he gets older! Gorgeous colours on this Chantelle and I might have to rename you the chevron queen!

Marcia said...

Yeah, that smile is gonna make girls swoon when he gets older! Gorgeous colours on this Chantelle and I might have to rename you the chevron queen!

Marcia said...

Yeah, that smile is gonna make girls swoon when he gets older! Gorgeous colours on this Chantelle and I might have to rename you the chevron queen!