Tuesday 28 May 2013

Beach Boardwalk - Carta Bella - The Scrapbook Store

 Hello - hope you are all well.    I have a few more pieces of inspiration to share using my May DT Kit for The Scrapbook Store.  I've been working with Carta Bella - the Beach Boardwalk collection - and have really been enjoying using the papers in this collection.  They have brought a bit of Summer memories back ☺
Here is the first page:
 I received some chipboard in my kit by The Scrapbook Store - one piece being a light-house.  It worked out perfectly to use with these light-house photo's that I had taken on a holiday last year.  It was also nice to scrapbook some scenic photo for a change.
Here are some close-up's:

 Here is the lighthouse chipboard from The Scrapbook Store - Nautical Design - it's such a great piece - I've dabbed some gesso over the top - just giving it a light, rough covering and then once dry, added some ink to the edges and a bit of stamping too - love how it's come up ☺
You will also notice some texture paste in the background - I use Texture Magic - I use this quite a lot on my pages and I love how it's gives some interest to the page without taking away from the photo's.  Don't be afraid to use it over your photo's too!!
The lovely big blooms are from Prima!!
 Here I've added in some muslin, texture paste, beach shells and twine to give it that 'coastal feel'.  The pattern papers which I've layered under the photo's are all in the Beach Boardwalk collection!
 Another little piece of chipboard from the Nautical Designs Chipboard pack, a journal strip and the title uses letters from this collection to - 12x12 Alpha Stickers.  You will notice I use my black pen a lot as well as my script stamp with ink.  For me, this gives the finishing touches to a page and I love how it adds texture without the bulk.

Here I have another page that I completed on the weekend.  I was lucky enough to be able to go to The Scrapbook Store Camp with a friend.  It was lovely to meet up with Suzanne and Marelize once again and also meet the lovely Kim Price who is also on the Design Team for The Scrapbook Store.  It was a fun, creative weekend and very relaxing too.  It's always nice to have that break from normal routines and get away to do something creative. 

 This page uses more of the fabulous pattern papers in this collection as well a quite a few stickers - I love how so many paper collections these days, include lots of word and title stickers.  And these photo's go back to January of this year, when we could enjoy lovely beach weather ☺
 This sticker is my title for the page - I've matted it with white cardstock, so I could cut it out, ink the edges and then add foam tape to the back to pop it up a bit.  This sticker is included in the Beach Boardwalk collection, but has been 'sold out' in the shop for now.
 I like to use pegs and twine on my pages - just to make it a little bit fun!!  These are little wooden pegs and I've stamped over them in ink.  The twine is natural hemp twine.
The piece of chipboard is from the Word Bubbles pack - 2 Crafty Chipboard.


Once again, some more texture paste with chevron punch-out's using the pattern papers and a photo corner punch which I have had in my collection.

So I hope you have been inspired by this collection!!  As you have seen, it works great for your beach or holiday snaps, but the pattern papers would be suitable for any theme of scrapbooking.  Please check out the collection at The Scrapbook Store online
Thank you for joining me this month - I'll be back soon with some other scrapbooking that I've done recently including a little peek at my Project Life album ☺

4 comments:

Leanne said...

absolutely stunning! I love these LOs..x

Lizzy Hill said...

Really enjoying your 'walk thru' of your pages & what you've done to fussy them up....the texture paste looks fabulous, & you're right, even on the photos!!! And of course, that light house is YUMMY....& you LUCKY, LUCKY thing meeting up with Marelize & Kim & scrapping .....*sigh*.....aaah well, I will 'dream'::):):):)!!!!!!!!!

Linda Eggleton said...

Totally gorgeous layouts, Chantelle...and there's that white texture on white again - love it!

Chantalle said...

I am loving that texture paste on the photos!! May have to sneak that idea some time, hehe x

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...