Thursday 2 February 2012

a time to remember

The beginning of a new month means lots of new challenges coming up - ARTastic have their new challenge up and running.  The criteria for this month is: 
* Red heart/s
* B&W photo
* Red monochromatic LO with touches of green

Here's what I've come up with:
 I've used a picture of me and my mum taken on New Years Eve - it was a special night because my whole family could be together!!
Papers are from Basic Grey - Kissing Booth collection which I've purchased from Polly Scrap Kits!!
Here are some close-up's:
 ... a cluster of flowers - Manor House creations and Prima ...
 ... paper hearts using the Stampin'Up heart punch - I've added some buttons to some of them ... and I've matted the photo onto some packaging - I just love recycling and often they have really cool elements such as this one with the window punch-out - perfect for adding twine.
 ... the red letters are American Craft Thickers called Sprinkles Vinyl letters - ♥ them!!  ... also little letters from Carolee's Creations ...

... and here is the painting for the main inspiration - a very cool modern piece of art!!
We'd love to see you play along this month - ARTastic has had a make-over and also has a new owner - so be sure to check out the blog and see all the exciting new things that will be happening soon.
Thanks for coming by and happy crafting.

2 comments:

Jasmine S said...

I love hearts and I love red and this is just awesome. The b&w pic looks great and your design is fabulous.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This looks fantastic!!! Really cool design, Chantelle!!! :D

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...