Tuesday 14 February 2012

christmas card photo shoot

 I really wanted to make sure that I created a LO for this photo which I used as my Christmas card for 2011 - we had such a fun time together and I love that the final picture we chose, was the location in our backyard that the boys said -  'lets have it on the trampoline, mum'  ♥♥♥♥
So I've created a LO and joined in with the challenge over at Scrap for Help - some of my lovely scrappin' on-line friends are in the design team and they very much inspired me to join in - it's the first time I've done one of their challenges ☺ this month you need to use muslin/bandage on your LO!!
So I've used muslin in the background.
All the papers are Basic Grey - Picadilly Collection and I've made lots of my own bits and pieces on this LO ☺
Here are some close-up's:
 ... a little bunting with twine and little pegs - i've made different shaped tags and flowers using my punches and pattern papers, then embellished with buttons and brads ...
... some Imaginarium chipboard that I've dry brushed with gesso, a rosette flower with a red doily in the background...

Speaking of doilies - it's 10 more days till my Creative Bits clearance sale - I have lots and lots of coloured doilies and I cannot wait to share them with you.  So please stay tuned for more details!

13 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

HOW FAN FAB U LAS is this Layout!!!
OH! YEAH! Do love the doilies & is So nice to see a Xmas layout.... ♥
& what a GR8 photo it is No wonder it made it on the Christmas Card!!!!

Her Essential Hand said...

that banner as me in like flin!!! I love it Chantelle... and that subtle masking in the background.. just tops!
ooooh must remember your doily clearnace! ;)
x

Jasmine S said...

This page just pops. Love the clock in the background and the banner is just super duper fabulous. Gorgeous page.

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Love your banner! That photo looks like it was fun to take! Great layout.

Unknown said...

Wow, this is fantastic!
Love the misted background and the clothesline is fabo!
Hugs
xoxo

Unknown said...

Beautiful page great masking and a lovely photo...cool job!
byebye,Lean

Sandie said...

Hi Chantelle, lovely to meet someone so close to me (Geraldton, WA) from Scrap For Help ... thanks for participating too! Your layout is adorable, the banner is so unique and pretty, as is the rest of your LO. The photograph is precious....

sandi said...

Oh this is just so sweet! Love your banner! Tks. for playing along with us at SFH!

Keren Tamir said...

This is a very fun LO, thanks for Joining us at SFH

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Ohhhh!!! I am in love with your banner! SO cute!! Beautiful layout!!!
Thanks for Joining us at SFH!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh wow! I totally love your layout Chantelle! It's so gorgeous - love the details like the banner - just fabulous!!! Thanks SO MUCH for playing along with us at SFH!

RO MONTEIRO said...

Hello Chantelle, thanks for visit my blog!
Congratulations on winning the challenge SFH!
Your LO was wonderful!
Kisses
Rose

Denise Price said...

Congratulations on winning the Scrap for Help challenge! As the mom of a young boy, I'm always looking for more "boy" page ideas, so I'm following your blog now.

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...