Tuesday 25 May 2010

Mad for Markers - Feather Blending Challenge.

I have a card for you that I've entered in the latest challenge over at Mad for Markers - it's called Feather Blending.  Sammi has done up a wonderful tutorial, demonstrating this technique.  I must say that it did take a few goes (actually lots of images ended up in the bin).  I think it has alot to do with the colours you are working with.  I finally settled on using Copic markers  G00 and Y00 and it worked out okay!  I enjoyed this technique and am glad I gave it a go.
Here's my card:
I used one of the sweet images from My Favourite Things - Birthday Princess.  Isn't she just sweet!!
The image has been stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa and then coloured with Copics of course.
I have a base card in Kraft - this measures 11cm x 11cm
Then I've used some pattern paper from October Afternoon - Fly a Kite - which you can purchase from Delicious Papercrafting.
I had some pretty yellow dotted ribbon which was perfect for this card.  I've used a doily from my stash and some pretty flowers and a half pearl.
Here's a closer look:


I love changing things around every now and then, so I have a new blog header, thanks to my talented sister Aimee - it's simple and sweet and I love the lace doily images. 
Thanks for coming by.

9 comments:

Kellie said...

Naaaaw this is just so pretty Chantelle, your colouring is gorgeous and I love that cute to boot image!

LOVE the new header!

Hugs Kel x

Dawn said...

Those colours really do blend beautifully together. I giggled when I read the numbers because it looked like goo and yoo LOL.

Debbie Pamment said...

Gorgeous job Chantelle - Love your use of G00 and Y00 - even if I read it wrong the first time - LOL
xXx

Sammi said...

This is gorgeous Chantelle! It does take a lot of practice.. I've wrecked lots of images too! hehe! This looks AWESOME though! Love the lace doiley header! sweet!
Thanks for joining in our challenge!
Sammi
xxx

Emma said...

This is sooo adorable Chantelle! The feathering look can take a bit of practice, but you have done an awesome job on this image! I love it. Thanks so much for joining us over at Mad For Markers!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

I was reading fast and had to work out what G00 and Y00 was ... then I realised. And yes, I am blonde!

Beautiful blending, great colours to use!

I love these images, I just got a box of MFT sweet nothings today for the store and I think there are a few Jolinnes in there! Can't wait to unpack and colour up a couple - oh, and upload to the store of course!

Annette Bowes said...

Gorgeous card Chantelle, you are so not on your own with the images in the bin lol! I find the 00, 01 or 02 get the best results. Beautiful colouring of this cute image. Love your beautiful crochet doily, thank you for joining in the Mad for Markers Challenge this week, take careX:)

Jackie Thomas said...

This card is adorable Chantelle and your feathering is perfect. Thanks for joining us in the M4M challenge. hugs Jackie

Tracy said...

Such a cute card. Thanks for joining us at Mad for Markers and good luck.
Hugs
Tracy

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...