Friday, 6 March 2009

Ribbon fun

After I saw this post at Sweet Paper Treats about using left-over ribbon, I just knew I had to give it a try. It's so clever and cute. So hop along over and have a look at the great tutorial!

I used the scallop square die from my Cuttlebug, the only one I have. But I think I may be looking for some new pretty dies to play with, especially some with butterflies.


This is a scrapbook page I started the other day. I've always loved this photo of my sister Aimee and Caden; so thought I'd continue on with the girly colours I've been using lately, and make an 8x8 scrapbook layout.
The DP is from Petals & Paisly, which already had the word 'together' on it. I've decorated a letter 't' with lots of different coloured ribbon and mounted with dimensionals. The butterfly image is from Natural Beauty, which I've coloured in with blender pen & ink pads, then sprinkled with some chunky glitter.
I've also stamped 'together' from Life's Definitions.









These are not my best photo's; I've taken these pictures inside tonight - something I never normally do!!


4 comments:

Bruce and Sarah said...

Wow! That's really effective! Love the ribbon on the letter 'T' too.

Sarah-Jane Kale' said...

Gorgeous! Chantelle. I LOVE your page layout. Just beautiful.

Sarah
x

JJS CARDNCRAFT AND LIFE said...

that is awesome......now do the edges get cut off the ribbon going through the cuttlebug? tfs

aimee said...

thanks chan! love the little butterflies and ribbons :) i like the photo too, it is very..how you say...in the moment? :)