Tuesday 24 March 2009

New stuff - good stuff!!

I've been having a little fun with some new Stampin'Up goodies and am loving the new stuff. The new In-Colours are gorgeous!!
Seeing as I love sketch challenges, I thought I'd do Makeesha's for this week.

I've used a new stamp set called Fresh Cuts and one of the new In-Colours - Tangerine Tango. It does look kind of bright here, but in real life, it's a very gorgeous colour, especially if you love shades of orange!
So I've started with a base card of Old Olive, then layered with a piece of Tangerine Tango. I've inked up one of the images in the same colour ink as cardstock to make a background.
Then I've added a strip of fabric and some grosgrain ribbon in the Old Olive. For the circle, I've used some of the flower images in the set, circle punches and scallop punches. The sentiment is also from the same set. It's a little hard to pick up from the photo, but I've done lots of sponging around each piece of cardstock, for added effect.



Products used:
Stamp set: Fresh Cuts
Cardstock: Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Old Olive
Accessories: Ribbon, Punches SU, brads, sponging, fabric


I've also made up this 8x8 scrapbook page, based on the sketch, just ommitting the circle!
The base is Kiwi Kiss, another of the new In-Colours. It's similar to Old Olive, just a little brighter!
Then I've added a strip of black cardstock, then Very Vanilla. Using my Embrace Life stamp set, I've inked the flower image in Kiwi Kiss and stamped up a background, first stampin' off some of the colour. Then I've added some of the blue grosgrain ribbon.
For the blue flowers, I've stamped onto some watercolour paper and coloured in with the marker pens and aqua painter, cut out and mounted onto the cardstock with dimensionals. I've also added a half pearl from the Pretties Kit, to each flower centre.
The sentiment is from Boho Backgrounds and I thought it was fitting for this photo, which my sister kindly took of us the other weekend before the wedding celebrations.




Products used:
Stamp set: Embrace Life, Boho Backgrounds
Cardstock: Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Ballet Blue\
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Stazon Black
Accessories: Mat pack, grosgrain ribbon, Pretties Kit, Black brad, Dimensionals, Marker pens, Aqua painter

So there you have it, a little peak into what you can expect from the new catalogue. I've been told it's 'delish' so I can't wait to see it. Hopefully very soon; I'm waiting patiently for it to arrive in my letter box. In the meantime, I will keep playing with my other Stampin' goodies!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

There both gorgeous. I too love the new colours.

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Beautiful Chantelle!!! Looking forward to getting my new goodies.

Sarah
xx

Chook said...

Wow, I love the card. The colours look fantastic

Anonymous said...

Oh this is gorgeous Chan! I am so not a fan of the Fresh notes stamps, but it looks wonderful on here! Love it! Thanks so much for playing! love keesh x

Chelle said...

Oh, Chantelle - that card is just gorgeous! Great take on the sketch!
All the new goodies are just wonderful aren't they!! TFS

Jen said...

Chan, this whole post is showing some fantastic cards and scrap page. Well done and TFS. Your creative colors together terrific too. I am not too excited about the new InColors yet!

Liam said...

Chantelle,

Just beautiful. I love both the samples. I love fresh cuts it is such a beautiful stamp set. can't wait till we are able to order the new goodies. thanks for sharing.

Liam

Alana Galagher said...

LOVE your Fresh Cuts card - it is just gorgeous! TFS :-)

Claire Harrison said...

Love the card, sooo in love with the new in colours! Really like the way your have softened the Tangerine Tango with Old Olive.

Stamping With Kerryn said...

Such a beautiful card! OI love this set... just might have to purchase it! The design is stunning!

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...