Friday 4 April 2008

Faux tearing

I love the look of torn cardstock. I found a great tutorial that tells how to achieve this look without the extra piece of cardstock - hence faux tearing. It's simple and fun and I'm glad I learnt how to do this technique. For details go to: http://michelegforce.googlepages.com/fauxtearing
Check out her blog while you are there, she has some really nice creations.
For my card I've used the Crab & Co stamp set which is in the new catalogue. Base colour is Bashful Blue. The crab image has been stamped onto Whisper White and I've coloured in using SU markers. I've put some clear dimensional accent on his eyes, so they pop out a bit. (hard to see on photo) I've also stamped the present image and attached to the crabs claws so he is holding it. Isn't he cute?? My boys love going to the beach looking for crabs in the water. Then the image has been matted onto Close to Cocoa and Night of Navy cardstock. I've finished off with some stitched ribbon.
And this card is complete with my newly perfected watermark. I got it all sorted. Thanks to everyone for their tips and helpful hints.

Recipe:
Stamps: Crab & Co, Canvas BG
Cardstock: Bashful blue, Whisper White, Close to Cocoa, Night of Navy
Ink: Buckaroo Blue, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy
Accessories: Ribbon (non-SU), SU markers, sponging, Dimensional accent

All images Copyright Stampin'Up 2008

4 comments:

Jen said...

Hi Chan,
That is a gorgeous card and i too love that technique, very clever i reckon and so affective.
Those colours are a favoured combination.
Enjoy your weekend and take care xx

Ryan and Erica Swarts said...

Hey Chan
Once again a really really nice card - you sure have a creative streak through you! Take care and have a great weekend!

amymom24 said...

Gorgeous! I love using faux tearing especially for masculine cards.

Jen said...

Chan just love that 'crabby' card. I may have to case it:)

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...