Friday 16 March 2007

Watercolour

Today I've been making some cards using Watercolour Pencils with watercolour paper. These are my first cards using this technique and it was so much fun. It can be quite time consuming, especially if you have a large stamped image but I think it's worth the effort. I love how this craft combines lots of techniques to make it interesting and exciting.

The first two cards I've used the 'Fishy Friends' stamp set. A fun set to use for children. The images have been stamped with StazOn Jet black so it does not bleed when coming into contact with the water. I've coloured the image with the pencils and then blended the colours using the Aqua Painter to give it a water colour effect. I've spritzed an inked sponge with water and sponged around the stamped image.

Stamp set: Fishy Friends, Canvas, Simple Sayings II (sentiment)
Carstock: More Mustard, Ballet Blue, Old Olive
Ink: StazOn Jet Black, Ballet Blue
Accessories: Eyelets, Twine, WaterColour Pencils (non-SU), Aqua Painter, Watercolour Paper



Stamp set: Fishy Friends, All Year Cheer I

Cardstock: Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Taken with Teal, Apricot Appeal,

Ink: Close to Cocoa, StazOn Jet Black

Accesories: Water Colour Pencils (non-SU), Stampin Wheel, Watercolour paper, Aqua Painter

For this card I've used 'Terrific Tulips'. This is one of my very first sets and I still love it. A very elegant set. I've inked the stamp with colour and then spritzed the stamp with water. The image is stamped onto watercolour paper resulting in a lovely watercolour effect. This was also lots of fun and really easy to do.

Stamp Set: Terrific Tulips, Greetings Galore (sentiment)

Cardstock: Sage Shadow, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum

Ink: Sage Shadow, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Elegant Eggplant

Accessories: Watercolour paper, Window Punch, Ribbon


All images Copyright Stampin'Up 1990-2007

3 comments:

Lee-Anne said...

Those cards look fantastic. I love the watercolouring effect. Thanks for sharing :)

Allison Rankin said...

Super looking set of cards...nice job!

Jen said...

Chantelle, beautiful cards i lovem!
Glad to see you creating its great us bloggers dont mind you sharing.
lol

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...