Tuesday 21 June 2011

a fishin' good time


I just love this picture of one of my boys - he's in his element - FISHING!  Because I love it so much, I've done a bit of a repetition, printing it out three times and then also enlarging it onto vellum paper.  Love this effect, especially with the vintage bookprint coming thru from underneath.
There's also stamping and rub-on's happening in the background too.

I've used it for the challenge over at Once Upon a....... Sketch.
Here are some close-up's:
my journalling - the requirement was for at least four sentences explaining why the photo is memorable.  I've printed it out and then inked the edges. 
 a decorated shipping tag with vintage bookprint doily, mini beach-hut chipboard and a canvas tag.
 and a larger chipboard beach hut - they are just so cute with the fine details.

Here is the sketch to follow with this challenge:
Here's what I've used:
Papers:White cardstock, Cosmo Cricket
Accessories:  Chipboard, crochet flower, stamps, ink, rub-on's, Crate paper collections buttons, Fimo embellishments, vintage bookprint doily, shipping tag, canvas tag - Kaisercraft, American Craft lettering

Hope you've enjoyed this one - it was a great sketch to work with and I'm loving these challenges that include journalling.  Thanks for coming by.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous page, as with all your pages youve done lately!

Irma said...

I'm at a loss for words...just sitting here staring at this LO...GAWKING at it really: Love the photo printed on vellum and how it's overlayed over text, the details, the layering, paint effects.... WOOOOO :OWWWWW!!!!

Jasmine S said...

Ummmm, I am not sure what I can say to describe how awesome I think this LO is. WOW. WOW. WOW.

Samantha said...

Oh i totally agree with everyone! this is an amazing layout!

Heather Jacob said...

OMG !!!! outstanding stuff... so much to see and your deatails are awesome .. love it .. thanks for playing with us ..WOW WOW WOW hugz x

Unknown said...

oooh this is soooooo FANTASTIC!!!! Oh my goodness!!! I am in love with the repitition and the photo printed on vellum is simply gorgeous and inspirational! Well done! :))xx

Nadia Cannizzo said...

WOW Chantelle! This is absolutely gorgeous. The feel of this layout is so ...nostalgic?? I am not sure. It just makes me want to stare at it more and more. LOVE LOVE LOVE the way you printed the photo on the vellum (?) AMAZING journalling and design! WELL DONE..you have created some beautiful work.

Irini said...

WOW WOW WOW....I just love this layout!!!!!!love the details love the photos love the printed vellum just amazing!
I do not know what else to say !!!!!!

Pam Pritzl said...

absolutely adorable! I really love how you layered your tag in the upper left ... well done@

Bente Fagerberg said...

This is a gorgeous piece of art and I love every inch of it. As the ladies already said the vellum pic looks absolutely wonderful and the feel of the layout is just beautiful. Love the repetition of the photos and that little beach hut. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Once Upon A...Sketch!!

Yolande (pronounced you-land-a) said...

Awesome! Love that you printed a large version of the photo onto vellum and then used bookprint over it...it looks amazing! Love your tag and cluster of embellies at the top left. So many great details on your page...

Bruce and Sarah said...

Wow, Chantelle! You're work is just amazing!! I love what you have been doing with your scrapbooking lately. So creative and artistic.

Christiane said...

holy bancidmoly,your work is stunning!!

Maggie said...

This is amazing! Love the effect from the book page under the piece of vellum. Also love the strips of printed journaling.

Natalie Elphinstone said...

This is just fabulous!! All the little details are just incredible. But particularly I adore the way you have repeated the photos, and the one on the vellum is perfect! Great page :-)

sandi said...

This is really neat! Love what you've done here!

Patricia said...

love this page. the wall structure past is beautiful...

Rossella said...

Hey ma tu sei un vero talento!! La tua pagina mi fa impazzire รจ bellissima! Grazie per averla condivisa con noi e grazie per aver giocato con noi su Once Upon A Sketch! sono una tua nuova follower! Baci dall'Italia!

Alicia Baverstock said...

What a layout, I too love the printing on vellum, so detailed and so appealing to the eye, catchn!!

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...