Sunday 19 July 2009

Magnolia Down Under Challenge #18

The next challenge is up at Magnolia Down Under. The theme is Christmas in July and this is my second card as guest design team member. I'm having a wonderful time. I was a little worried at first when I saw the word Christmas and realized I didn't have a specific Tilda for the occasion. But I did have this sweet Tilda with Envelope, so I've used her. She is off to post a Christmas card! So by doing this, you can see you don't have to own a Christmas Tilda to be part of the challenge.

I've used traditional Christmas colours: Riding Hood Red and Old Olive, teamed up with some Very Vanilla and Dashing DP.
I've also used Season of Joy stamp set for the tag and background behind Tilda. The image has been stamped in Black Stazon and I've coloured with my SU markers.
I've used some wide grosgrain ribbon to make a big bow and tie off with a red button. And to pretty it up just a little, I've added a border with the Eyelet border punch.
So there you have it; I hope it gives you a little inspiration for the Magnolia stamps and that you will join in the fun as well. Check out all the other fabulous creations from the Design Team - they are all amazing.

7 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Gorgeous job with the challenge Chantelle - love this Tilda and she's perfect for Christmas teamed with season of Joy!

Thanx for the birthday wishes too.
xXx

Jen said...

Hi Chantelle,
I havent been surfing blogs much lately, and in a way its nice, cause today i had a pleasant surprise at your lovely entries.
Great job, everyone of them.
I love Tilda, she is so cute:)

Tracey Feeger said...

Wonderful card Chantelle. Love the xmas colours and the stamps used.
mwah
Trace

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This card tilda is perfect! Awesome card Chantelle.
Kristy xo

Kellie said...

This is gorgeous Chantelle. You know I love it! I love that you took a Tilda and made her a Christmas Tilda! A fantastic inspiration for the challenge and the people joining. xx

Bec said...

WOW,, This is a stunning card Chantelle.. I love it.. Bec xx

Cheryl said...

Just gorgeous Chantelle,love your ribbon and button and a perfect Tilda for this challenge!!!
xx

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...