Friday 18 July 2008

Box in a Bag

When I saw this 'Box in a Bag' on Carol's blog http://cardsmore.blogspot.com/ I knew I wanted to try it out for myself. Carol was kind enough to pass on the link to where I could find the tutorial. Let me tell you, it's a very cute little bag to make and looks even better in real life. A great little gift bag to fill with something sweet!!

So here's my creation. I've used DP from Fall Flowers with Blue Bayou cardstock. The stamped image is from True Friend.

Here is the link to the tutorial: http://dianagibbs.typepad.com/stampin_with_di/2008/06/box-in-a-bag-tutorial.html

The measurements are all inches so I'll list the cardstock required in cm and then you can follow the tutorial. It's very easy to work out and once assembled, you can decorate however you wish.

Materials you will need:

1 x cardstock 11.5cm x 11.5cm for box base
1 x Designer paper 14cm x 28cm for bag
1 x strip of cardstock 5cm x 28cm to create scallop edge.

You will need to score cardstock for box base at 2.5cm from each side.

Let me know if you give this one a go, I'd love to see what you come up with. And if you need any help, just leave a comment. Ok, I'm off to make some more.


All images © Stampin'Up 1990-2008

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is adorable! I love your color choices, too. Thanks for posting the link....now I have to go play!! :-) Have a great weekend,
Kim

Jen said...

Really cute Chantelle.
Hope the holidays are going well for you and the boys loving it home with mum i am sure and maybe catching up with playdates and relatives!

Leigh said...

This is excellent. I'd love to give this a go.

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...