Thursday 22 November 2007

An update on my Christmas cards

Just a few more samples of what I've been busy doing these last few days. Having lots of fun trying different techniques and using all my Christmas stamps in many ways. I'm loving the new Holiday Thyme Designer Series paper. This pack has some gorgeous paper and you'll definately be making lots of nice Christmas cards using it.
















The big pile of Christmas cards; it's certainly nice to have so many cards on my desk at one time. Going to be hard to part with some of them!!







I'm going all blue for Christmas with these two. It's a different look, but I was really happy with the end result. The inspiration for these cards came from a Christmas card swap I joined in with Stampin'Up demo's from around Oz. I've changed the colours and layout to make it my own.


* The image from Scribble This is stamped in Basic Black on glossy white cardstock. I've hi-lighted some bits with white crayon. Then I've inked up my brayer using the Spectrum Blue ink pad and rolled onto the glossy white. You'll need to go over a few times to get the blended effect as shown on my cards. Then with a sponge, rub over the crayon to reveal the hi-lighted areas (crayon resist)


* Merry & Bright sentiment is stamped onto Bashful Blue and matted onto Brilliant Blue by using SU circle punches.

* With the smallest SU circle punch, I've punched random over the cardstock and used my glue pen and glitter for some added effect.


* Base of card has also been stamped with Scribble This. For a non-Christmas stamp set, this has truly been a very versatile set and I'm sure it's one I won't be parting with anytime soon.



All images Copyright Stampin'Up 2007





2 comments:

Janice said...

Awesome!! can you tell me how to do the one with the balls hanging down? (the blue one)

Jen said...

Hey Chantelle,
You have made an awesome job of those cards, you are just a creative natural, yes indeed.
Well done and thanks heaps for sharing.

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...