Thursday 20 August 2015

show us your stuff - august challenge




Hello there.  I decided to have a go at the Show us your stuff August challenge - they have a mood board with some lovely colours and textures to play around with.











Here's what I've come up with:
 I was inspired by the colours, wood elements and the rulers. 
I've used a very recent photo of my youngest on his 7th birthday!
Here are some close-up's:
 The star is a handmade embellishment by Charms Creations.  I also had these cute mini wooden rulers in my stash; perfect for this challenge!
In the background, I've randomly adhered alphabet thickers with a hessian look for some added interest and texture.

 I've been having a play around with Deco Foil by iCraft - using the Heidi Swapp 'happy' die, I've cut out the word onto double sided paper and then applied the foil.  It's a lot of fun and I can't wait to get some more colours ☺
I've also made a 'faux flair' - a little stamp and a punch with a clear flair sticker!

Hoping to fit a few more challenges in this month - it's been fun to just create!!
Thanks for popping in ♥

7 comments:

Lizzyc said...

This looks wonderful! Love all the alphas on the background!

Lizzy Hill said...

I adore the 'faux' flair idea. Use it all the time. It's FUN.....love your foil look & also the ruler idea is fabulous:) In fact, I really LOVE everything you've done here...I reckon that mood board ROCKS [it was a Camp Mojo special for me!!!]

Sandra said...

FABULOUS layout! I love all the alphas in the background. I just love this layout. Thanks for joining us at SUYS.

Amanda said...

So many amazing details to look at on this fab layout! Thanks for joining in at SUYS!

Paula said...

Gorgeous layout...I totally love the alpha's in the background. Brilliant take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us over @ Show us your Stuff :)

Alison said...

Great take on the challenge, your hessian letters and wooden rulers are fab. Thanks for playing along with us at SUYS.

Sue Plumb said...

Chantelle, this layout is fab! I love the use of the alphas and the stamping on the background, and those mini wooden rulers - adorable!!! Thanks for playing along with us at SUYS.

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...