Friday 18 March 2011

Fishing

 A scrappy LO of my twin boys doing what they love best: Fishing!!  They could sit out there all day.
This LO uses the March Sketch from Handmade By Suzanne - sketch created by the talented Michelle Fowler - I had a fun time with this one and really enjoyed the different layers.  My background is some gesso and glimmer-mist.
Here's some close-up's:
 I made the fish using a stencil from the kids craft box - traced onto pattern paper by Cosmo Cricket - Salt Air.  I've sponged the edges and added a button!
I've also added in some clouds and birdie pin from the Chip-Chop Shop!
 A little tag with a spotty button from Lil Red Rocket.  The 'Summer Favourites' tag is from October Afternoon.
 ... and some American Craft black letters - can't seem to do a LO without them.

Here's the sketch if you would like to join in!  Thanks for a fabulous sketch Michelle!!



On a side note:  my sketch challenge for Creative bits has now closed - we only got a few entries in but a big thanks for those that did play along.
I've drawn a random winner and it's SUE from Broomehill who sent her entry in by email - thanks Sue - please give me a quick email and I'll arrange your goodies.

9 comments:

Jules said...

this is just gorgeous chantelle! love beach colours/themes and i love your bg paintwork... thanks for the love on my TCR lo this week... your bird button was absolutely perfect!! :)) x

Sue K (B/Hill) said...

Chantelle - this page is gorgeous - really great job - love it. So cool and summery and beautiful.

Samantha said...

Oh i love how you created the textured background with the gesso! fantastic take on the sketch!

Jasmine S said...

This looks awesome and you have rocked the sketch. I am yet to give it a go but after seeing yours, I must have a try. Those pics are just fab and I love your details to set the scene. Beautiful.

mandysea said...

What a wonderful interpretation of the sketch Chantelle - love the gesso!!

And congrats to Sue too!!

Christina said...

Wowww this is really stunning Chantelle! So amazing!
Hugs Kristel

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

I've looked at the Salt Air papers from CC and haven't been sure how to use them - but you proved me wrong. Gorgeous layout Chantelle, love it.

PS: I missed your sketch challenge, bummer, I had it here to do, I'm so sorry!

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Unknown said...

so beautiful! love the background, the photos and the layering...awesome work!!

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...