Tuesday 1 March 2011

enjoy - colour combo's galore #181

Hello and hope your week has started out great - our hot weather is continuing in the West, though the nights have been a bit cooler which is really nice.  Today I'm sharing a LO with you - I've managed to sneak in another challenge from CCG - love these and the inspiration they provide - really gets you thinking and creating in different ways!
Here's the inspiration board:
 And here's my LO:
 I was inspired by the pretty roses and intricate lace detail in the picture, so I've added little bits and peices from my stash.
I've been enjoying using stamps on my LO's and have used a BG stamp from Stampin'up with the different words coming out in the background.
I've cut out some detail from a Webster page and this was also the idea for my title - enjoy.
Here are some close-up's of the details:
 This pretty lace detail comes all the way from Venice - my sister brought me some cute things from her recent travels to Europe!  I thought it was perfect for this challenge.
 A chipboard bird from Stuff 2 Scrap - I've sponged the edges and added some stamping.
There's also a small pebble from basic grey - first time I've used these.
 I just got some of the doily lace by Basic Grey - it's so pretty and delicate - I've used it as a border here.
Also a title made with stamps, tag and flower.
Another tag with some doily lace and rose.  I've added a border of twine around the page - this is done with my sewing machine - by placing the twine between the guide foot - once you are sewing the twine just follows!

I'm loving how this turned out - great colours and inspiration to work with.
Thanks for coming by and happy crafting.

3 comments:

Jasmine S said...

Lurve that doily lace by Basic Grey. Your details are just so beautiful and I really like the border. You have rocked the colors too. Gorgeous.

Nadia Cannizzo said...

This is so beautiful Chantelle. I love the freshness and the crisp colours. Loving all the details too. Good job!

Samantha said...

OMG! WOW! this is just so beautiful! i love so many elements in this layout! you worked magic with this colour combo! you go girl! :)

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...