Friday 11 December 2009

Inkspiration Sketch Challenge #17

Hope you are all well this lovely Friday - the weather is really starting to warm up here and it finally feels like Summer.  YAY.  Today's Inkspiration challenge is a sketch:

For a little change - I decided to do a scrapbook page with this very cute photo of Amber.  I love this cheeky look she has going!!

I picked out the colour from her jumper and chose Purely Pomegrante - last years In-Colours.  With that being the base, I've added some pattern paper from Basic Grey's Nook and Pantry.  I love all the patterns in this one - so pretty and girly.
For the embellishment, I've made up a tag layering on a lace doily, a heart shape from felt and material, one of the stiched brads from Basic Grey and the sentiment is from a retired SU set - Love Matters.  Then I've used So Saffron ribbon to finish off the tag.
I've used two yellow buttons up the top as per the sketch and along the button, I've ruffled some pink ribbon for a bit of texture.  Lastly I've added some paper piercing to the top.
Here's a closer look at some of the details:

This page came together quite quickly; using the pattern paper helped to bring colour to the page.  And I love the idea of making fun embellishments using felt and fabric.  My favourite at the moment!

So if you like the sketch and would love to play long, then pop over to Makeesha's website to view the details.  I'm sure she will WOW you with her sample!  Then you can be inspired by the Design Team who all do fabulous work.  It's always fun to see what everyone comes up with!  Be sure to check them out and give them some comment love - here are their links: 
Sarah-Jane
Kirsty
Renee
Cindy
Dawn
Anthonette - guest designer

Well, enjoy the weekend.  We are off to visit family over the weekend,  for end of year get togethers.  The kids are very excited to be seeing their cousins, so it should be lots of fun!!  Til next time.

8 comments:

Byl Family... said...

OH I miss Purely pomegranite!!! This page has come together so beautifully Chan! I love your doily and the ruffled ribbon along the bottom!!! Thanks so much for your inspiration this week! Love Keesh x

Anonymous said...

Your layout is simply stunning Chantelle. I miss Purely Pom too! Beautiful photo too

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness, this page is adorable! So MANY fabulous details! Amber is a cutie pie for sure!!!

Caroline said...

Lovely page Chantelle - love the heart detail!

Cindy Major said...

Love how you turned the sketch into a page! Beautiful one, too!

Cindy :)

Renée said...

what a pretty scrap page! love the pic and the deets are awesome!

Bec said...

so pretty.. bec xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous as always, love all the different things youve used on this page!

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...