Saturday 7 February 2009

Jewelry Colour Inspiration Challenge

Here's another challenge from Stacey's Stampin Stage.
After joining in with the last one (which I actually won), I've been really wanting to join in with another. So this weeks colours are Choc Chip, Cameo Coral, White and Silver/Grey. A great colour combo and a lovely piece of jewelry.
And here is my card. It's a really simple one, but I just love how it's turned out.
The base card is Whisper White to which I've used the scallop edge punch along the top. Tip: To ensure that the scallops line up when the card is closed, score the A5 card in half and then line up the punch with the centre of the cardstock, along the score line. The scallop edge punch has a guide notch just below the Stampin'Up symbol. From here you can punch out on either side until you reach the end of the cardstock.
Then I've used some choc chip and cameo coral cardstock and tied off some choc chip ribbon across the coral cardstock.
The stamped image is from Embrace Life. I've stamped the image onto watercolour paper with Basic Brown ink and coloured in with ink pad and aqua painter. Then I've hi-lighted some bits with the white gel pen. I've roughen the edges using the cutter kit and then matted onto some more watercolour paper to give it a framed look. I just love the elegance of this. I've added some silver brads and stamped the sentiment in Basic Brown ink.




Card Recipe:
Stamp: Embrace Life
Cardstock: Whisper White, Choc Chip, Cameo Coral, Watercolour paper
Ink: Basic Brown
Accessories: Grosgrain ribbon, Silver brads, Aqua painter, Cutter kit (SU), Scallop edge punch

All images © Stampin'Up 1990-2009


1 comment:

Stacey Schafer said...

Sooo pretty! I love what you've done with the color combination! Thanks for playing in the Jewelry Color Inspiration #22!

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...