Tuesday 9 August 2011

a perfect place

 I'm back with a LO of some recent photo's of our holiday in Ningaloo - the colour palette for this week over at Colour Combo's Galore #203 was just perfect for a beachy LO - so I've played along!
Something things I've done:  printed a photo onto vellum and used it in the background.  I've added some dictionary paper under this.
...... stamping, a cluster of doilies and flowers, natural fibers of burlap and muslin, shells and chipboard.....
Here are some close-up's:
 I've layered some doilies, used a Kaisercraft flourish, added in flowers and pearl pins and some shells from the beach.
 A pretty doily with button and a cute chipboard bird - sponged with paint!
And a chipboard cloud - I've sponged it with white paint using bubble wrap to give it some texture, then I've added some stamping.
.... and here is the lovely peice of inspiration for this challenge...
Scrappin' these beachy photo's makes me want to head into some Summer sun - it's pretty cold at the moment!  Now I'm off to clean up my creative space - it's a mess!
Happy crafting.

4 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

WOW!WOW!WOW! Chantelle......
I SOOOOO L.O.V.E this!!
The Printing on the Velum looks So totally Grouse...
I may have a go @ this!! hehehehe
xx

Jasmine S said...

My oh my. You have blitzed this one. The photo on the velum looks truly divine and your assortment of embellies are just superb.
Your work is so inspirational.

Yolande (pronounced you-land-a) said...

Your take on the challenge is absolutely perfect...love it! The photo is stunning, the design is divine, and your details are simply amazing...so much to love...you totally rocked this challenge. :)

Jules said...

OMGosh chantelle.. i absolutely LOVE this!! i just adore the look and feel of this. I just bought a few sheets of vellum the other day... can't remember when i last used it! You've got me so inspired now!! just gorgeous! :) x

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...