Thursday 7 April 2011

a great moment

 This would have to be one of my favourite pictures from our Summer holidays - my four boys together, having fun on the beach!  I've used this photo for a challenge over at Once Upon a ......Sketch
A sketch has been provided and you need to include hand-written journalling, as least 25 words long.

I've used papers from Bella Blvd.  My background is some glimmer-misting over a plastic doily.  Love this effect.  Here's some close-up's of the details:
 Another one of those rosette flowers - this one I made myself using my Scor-Pal - I've simply added a button to the centre.  You may be seeing lots of these - they are fun and easy to make.  But if you have the Tim Holtz die, well that would be even easier!!
We also have some chipboard from Stuff 2 Scrap - these are the beach huts designed by Leeann Pearce.  I've also added in one of her Fimo sun faces - how cute!
 These cute clouds have been cut out from the pattern paper - I've added in a button, birdie pin and white doily!

And here is the sketch if you would like to have a go yourself.
Ok, so that's it from me for a week or so - tommorow the kids finish school for the term and we are off camping - fun, fun, FUN. 
Thanks for coming by and the lovely comments I receive - I appreciate them all and love reading them.  Til next time..... happy crafting.

20 comments:

Lou said...

Oh Chantelle your LO is absolutely gorgeous!! Love your take on the sketch and the journalling along with all the gorgeous embellies!!
Wonderful that you are playing along at Once Upon.....
Lou xx

Jo Hanna said...

Thanks for dropping by 'SCRAPBOOKIT'

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Absolutely gorgeous Chantelle...so happy you joined us at Once Upon A Sketch...because your layout is just stunning! Love that background and you did your journalling so well..Well WELL done girl!!

Yolande (pronounced you-land-a) said...

Your layout is amazing! I absolutely love it. Love the masking and all the other lovely details that you've added. :)

alyssa b said...

gorgeous layout chantelle (again!!) ... your work is awesome ... have a blast camping with your boys :)

Jasmine S said...

I LOOOOVE your take on the sketch. The row of beach houses is soooo cute and how great are the bracket, flower and strips of matching paper. Gorgeous.

Unknown said...

What a fantastic work....love your take on the sketch! ~Gerry~

Elaine said...

Beautiful Chantelle and your handwritten journalling looks great.☺
See you camping, so looking forward to it.

Irma said...

Absolutely stunning page...one of my faves!

Unknown said...

Oh boy this is just STUNNING!! Love the misting/masking! xx

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Gorgeous work!!! I love the cute little details - so adorable! Such a fun and happy vibe here and guess what??? I LOVE the chippie! :D

Bente Fagerberg said...

This is gorgeous work, I love it to bits! So happy and sunny. Love the little beach houses. So happy you decided to take part in the challenge! Thanks.

Bruce and Sarah said...

Wow, Chan!! In the busyness of the last few months I haven't stopped by here for a while, but you sure have been creating some amazing layouts in the meantime. :) Hopefully I can get some craft stuff unpacked soon and get into some card making/s.booking again!!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

I love this layout Chantelle, simply gorgeous.

sandi said...

Wow! What a fun lo...looks awesome!

Rossella said...

Compliments, your layout is very beautiful! Thank for play with us

Samantha said...

OMG! WOW! what a lovely layout! awesome shot of the boys together, which is a mission sometimes! i love the different eye candies you have on this layout and the misting is so JOY! you really have rocked out on this layout!

Luciene said...

I loved your page. The way you mix the papers, photo, flower, the embellishments is very harmonious.

mandysea said...

wow Chantelle!!! this is absolutely delightful!!! Gorgeous detail!!!

mandysea said...

wow Chantelle!!! this is absolutely delightful!!! Gorgeous detail!!!

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...