Thursday 19 November 2009

Magnolia Down Under Challenge #26

One of my favourite challenges is the Magnolia Down Under Challenges, run by Kellie.  It's been a little while since I've joined in, but when I saw the sketch she had up for the fortnightly challenges, I had to create something for this one.  So here is the sketch to use:


And here is my creation:

This little Tilda with her ice-cream, is courtesy of Kellie herself.  She once sent to me some pre-stamped images to use and I've finally got around to using this one.  I love it and will have to look at getting this stamp for myself.  It's perfect for summery girl cards!
So I've started off with a base card of Pretty in Pink, then layered various cardstocks and DP as per the sketch layout.  I've used the lovely lace doiley punch by Martha Steward on the strip of Certain Celery DP.  It's so pretty.
I've coloured Tilda with my SU markers and aqua painter.  I love the end result, especially with watercolour paper. 
I've used some Certain Celery ribbon and added a Fancy Felt embellishment and button to the middle of the knot.  Then I've finished off the card with a sentiment from Family Phrases, using my SU circle punches.
Here's a closer look at the embellishment:


Thanks for a fabulous sketch Kellie.  Pop on over to the MDUC website to see the details, if you would like to join in too.

Product used:
Stamps: Magnolia, Family Phrases (SU)
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Certain Celery, Designer paper
Ink: Regal Rose
Others: Ribbon, Felt embellishment, pink button, lace doiley punch, circle punches (SU), distressing tool, aqua painter, SU marker pens.

5 comments:

Tracey Feeger said...

I love it chantelle. With this hot weather we have been having here in Australia it is very appropriate. Great take on the sketch.
thanks for joining us at MDUC.
mwah
Trace

Sue said...

Chantelle, with winter about to descend on us here in the US, it was nice to see your Tilda in shorts and eating ice cream. What a fantastic job you did coloring and coordinating colors with the gorgeous papers you used. Thanks for sharing your card with us a MDUC this time. Hope you can come back again for the next challenge.

Norma said...

Chantelle, gorgeous card. And you've used one of my favorite colour combos, pink and green. You've coloured Tilda beautifully. And yum, my favorite dessert--in ANY season, summer or winter Love the card.
Thanks for playing and joining us at MDUC.

hugs.
Norma

stephanne said...

What a yummy creation, she looks cute as a blonde and I love the colours that you've used!! Thanks for creating with us at MDUC, I hope you can come and play with us next time around!!
Stephanne

Debbie Pamment said...

Beautiful job and sooo perfect for the weather we've been having here - this cools me down just drooling over that ice cream - LOL
Thanx for joining us at MDUC
xXx

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...