Saturday 9 May 2009

Inkspiration Sketch Challenge #7

Makeesha is back with her weekly challenges - oh what fun. And she's started off with a sketch challenge - my favourite. So here is the sketch we had to work with.
And this is my creation. I've used Trendy Trees, one of the stamp sets in our Convention bag, and Candy Lane Designer Paper.
So I've gone with the Autumn look using reds and browns and some hints of pink. Though, I've never really seen pink leaves!! For the trees, I've inked into Pink Pirouette and rolled the edges of the stamp into Riding Hood Red. The middle tree has been stamped onto some Vanilla, then I've cut out and mounted with dimensionals. I've also used some Hodgepodge hardware in Silver, some striped ribbon and brads. I have also used the Stamp-a-ma-jig quite a bit, as it helps to line the tree branches with the trunks and also for the sentiment. This is one handy tool I couldn't do without!



Product used:
Stamp set: Trendy Trees
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red
Cardstock: Candy Lane DP, Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Hodgepodge hardware, sponges, dimensionals, ribbon, brads, Stamp-a-ma-jig,

14 comments:

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

WOW this is just stunning love it.
Kristy

Karen said...

Hi Chantelle!!

I just love your creation!!! And don't ya just love this sketch! I love it so much I am also using part of it for next weeks challenge - there's just somethin' about square cards and me at the moment! lol

Luv K

PS - I can't believe I never got to see you at convention!!

aimee said...

oooh i LOVE the trendy trees they are so CUTE!!! i can think of a few ideas to use them! awesome card!

keesh said...

WOW Chan this is just gorgeous! Love those colours with the trendy trees.....very funky! Great job on the sketch challenge and thanks for playing! Love Keesh x

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow Chantelle! I love you card. I love this stamp set and have decided I will play with it more in the next couple of weeks. Thanks

Kellie said...

OH MY WOW this is just stunning, gorgeous wow! I love it! I am working on this one tonight when girls go to bed and that is the set I was thinking but dam can't top that one, gorgeous!
Kelx

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Beautiful Chantelle. And would you believe that I've made my card with Trendy Trees too.... I promise I hadn't looked at your's first...hahaha
Your's it just gorgeous. LOVE IT.

xx Sarah

Renée said...

oh wow, this is gorgeous!

Teresa Kline said...

I luv this, it is gorgeous....I will have to check out the challenge, have not heard of it...tfs.....I wish you a Happy Mothers Day! *~*

Lou said...

Gorgeous card Chantelle and love the new banner!

Cindy Major said...

I really love those Trendy Trees! Never thought to stamp them in pink - so cute!!

Thanks for playing in the challenge :D

Cindy

Tracey Old said...

Stunning, love your card. great take on the challenge!

Anonymous said...

Your card is just gorgeous... the trees are so cute...

Vicki's Blog said...

hi I love this card it is very cute:)
Vicki

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...