Friday 19 March 2010

Inkspiration Inspiration Challenge #19

Hello again, it's time for another challenge from Makeesha and this week it's an 'inspiration' challenge.  These seem to be the most difficult ones, but I think they are the most fun - it's amazing how you can be inspired by a picture and then come up with a creation.  Anyway, here's the inspiration:
And this is what I've come up with:
I decided to go with another scrapbook page - it's great to be getting them done and I'm loving incorporating all of my fabric goodies!  And I found the perfect photo of Amber in their garden.
I've used the colours in the picture - mainly different shades of purple and green.
The pattern paper is from My Mind's Eye and this is the Bloom & Grow pack.  I've used some Almost Amethyst along the bottom and stamped up one of the flower images from Pocket Silhouettes - this one always reminds me of lavender.
My embellishments are lace doilies which I've hand-dyed, a layered fabric flower, a button from Lil Red Rocket and a heart shape which I've punched out from computer paper - I mass produced the word 'love' and then printed it out. 
My journalling is from a computer font and I've used the Lace Doily punch along one edge.  Then I've finished off with a strip of paper and knotted ribbon.  Here's a closer look:
I hope you will all have a go with this inspiration challenge this week- it will be fun seeing what everyone comes up with. 
Be sure to link up your creations at Makeesha's post so we can all see. I'm sure she will have a fabulous creation to share too!  You can also view the amazing work from her Design Team - their links are in the side-bar.  We all love comments, so be sure to share them around.

Enjoy the weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one gorgeous LO Chantelle! Just beautiful! Well done on your hosting of last weeks challenge too!
Kirsty xx

Jodene said...

This layout is really beautiful Chantelle!

Cindy Major said...

You definitely rock at scrapbooking!! Love your layered style :)

Cindy

Renée said...

wow, what an awesome layout!

Anonymous said...

Is always a nice suprise to see Amber on your blog as ive forgotten which photos i gave you! Another gorgeous page, i have always loved purple and green together! The doileys look great.
Also like the page you did of Kyle, that is really cute that he leaves you notes :)

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...